Mar 7, 2011

Stripy Viking Weave

Having done quite a bit of viking weave I wanted to expand my horizons with it.

I thought it would look good if I could get a stripy effect in the weave using two different coloured wires. I experimented with some copper and silver plated wire to being with and was really pleased with how it turned out.

Having worked out how top combine the two wires in the viking weave I then switched to gold filled wire combining it with sterling silver wire. Although subtle, the stripe can very definitely be seen with two rows at a time in each colour. To finish the bracelet off I decided to use a really easy clasp and so went for a very strong ball-shaped magnetic clasp in sterling silver - and believe me, it is strong!

So here it is, the finished article - my Stripy Viking Weave Bracelet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love silver and gold together. This is very beautiful!

Cheers!
Julie
Julie Magers Soulen Photography

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails