1. Open all of your rings except 2. These 2 rings need to be closed.
2. Now place the 2 closed rings onto an open ring, and then close the ring.
3. A 2nd open ring now needs to be added to the original 2 closed rings. This will give you a chain of 2-2 rings.
4. Add 2 new open rings to the 2 rings just added. This will give you a 2-2-2 chain
5. You now need to ‘fold back’ the new rings you have just added, one above the chain and one below.
6. Going between the 2 rings that are now sticking out, you now need to add 2 new open rings to the exposed edge of the 2 folded back rings. This then ‘locks’ the folded back rings into place.
7. Add 2 new rings to the rings just added.
8. Again, add 2 new rings to the rings just added.
9. Fold back the latest 2 rings added, again 1 above the chain and 1 below.
10. Going between the 2 rings that are sticking out, add 2 new rings to the exposed edge of the folded back rings, locking them into place.
11. You now have one complete unit of Byzantine.
Repeat steps 7-10 until your chain reaches the required length.
12. Add an open ring to the last 2 rings of the chain to add one half of the clasp. Repeat at the other end of the chain for the other half of the clasp.
Congratulations! You have now made yourself a Byzantine Chainmaille Bracelet.
© Shazzabeth Creations