Sep 21, 2011

Lemon Chrysoprase and Sterling Silver Earrings

Most of the time when I am working with cabochons I use them to either make rings or pendants. So I decided it was about time I made some more earrings with them. I had this gorgeous pair of lemon coloured chrysoprase and decided they would fit the bill perfectly.

As when making pendants, I securely wrapped the cabochons in sterling silver wire, bringing the wires up to the top of the stone. I then made a small bail from which to hang the stones, and then gathered the wires on one side to sweep around and fan out across the stone.

Of course the major difficulty with earrings, as opposed to pendants, is that you need to make two the same, or at least, two that are a mirror image of each other. Trying to get the stages exactly the same in terms of sizing etc. can really be a challenge and use of the ruler is unavoidable. Actually that's probably why the earrings don't happen as often as the pendants!

So anyway, there you have it, my Lemon Chrysoprase and Sterling Silver Earrings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails