Sep 11, 2011

Sunday Theme - Violin

After having included violin makers in my 'A to Z of Craft' series, and being a violinist myself, it seemed a good choice to have a violin craft theme this week.

I started to play the violin when I was eight years old, beginning with lessons at school and then moving to private lessons when I went up to high school. I went through all the music grades of violin exams finally getting my grade 8 when I was 18. Learning to play the violin gave me a really good introduction to classical music. This was especially the case when I started playing in orchestras. I started out in the junior orchestras and then played for several years in two amateur orchestras, first back in England and then in Brisbane.

As with many items, the violin is a theme often used in handmade arts and crafts. A great example is the print pictured above - "Wild Gypsy Air" by Emily Balivet. I am the proud owner of one of these prints, having fallen in love with it as soon as I saw it.

Here are some more great violin themed items:




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails