Oct 18, 2009

Cloudy Day Bangle

A few months ago a glass artist, Guru Creations, whom I have bought from before had a sale, selling off sets of cabochons. While buying one of the sets I was also tempted into buying a focal cabochon entitled "Cloudy Day".

Playing around with the cab I decided it would make a great bangle, the cab making a great focal (and talking) point to sit on the wrist.

I wire wrapped the cab in sterling silver then used the wire to continue on to the bracelet base. I decided to twist the inner wires in each set of three to help add some texture as well as make the sides look a bit more interesting. Then, since the cab was quite large, I decided to shape the 'sides' of the bangle to help create some balance against the focal. Preferring this type of bangle to be 'all in one' I then created a simple hook clasp with the ends of the wire.

So - my Cloudy Day Bangle!

2 comments:

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

You have done a beautiful job with this lovely stone and wire wrapping :D - looks amazing :D

Amalou said...

Oh I absolutely love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails