Jun 30, 2009

Hyacinth Chain - Chainmaille

Occasionally when I feel like doing some maille, rather than working on an established weave, it can be fun to play around with the rings to see what I can come up with. The last time I did this I actually had a specific idea in mind and tried to get the rings to work my idea - unfortunately I couldn't make them fit with what I wanted so it will be back to the drawing board on that idea. However, on previous occasions when I have just played around with the rings I have no specific idea in mind - actually that's how I often work!

One weave I came up with in my play with the rings is my Hyacinth Weave. This weave is a variant of the popular Byzantine weave, and incorporates crystals in the weave. I named the weave Hyacinth, because of the way that the crystals sit in relation to the rings - that's exactly what they reminded me of - with the crystals forming the flower and the rings the base of the flower.

See if it reminds you of Hyacinths as well! (Hyacinth Flower Image)

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! Well done!

Cheers,
Nathalie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails