Jun 9, 2009

Interchangeable Earrings - 4 Pairs in 1

The idea for creating a pair of earrings that could have interchangeable drops came to me as I was driving to work one morning - amazing how inspiration can just suddenly strike!

I decided to go with a geometric design similar to the designs that I have been using recently and used square sterling silver wire. I decided that in order to be able to thread different drops on and off the earrings I would need an open spiral. This would not only make it easy to change the drops but should also mean that the drops once threaded on would not be able to come back off accidentally.

After a couple of attempts I managed to come up with a "base" pair of earrings that I was happy with. After making the ear wires, including a wrapped loop so that they too were secure, I made three pairs of drops using different gemstones, rose quartz, amethyst and aventurine. Bali silver bead caps were added to the amethyst drops and sterling silver spacers to the rose quartz.

So I now have a pair of earrings where the base is good enough to wear on its own, or to which one of three pairs of drops can be added - 4 pairs for the price of 1.

1 comment:

Bec said...

Such a great idea!! If only I had pierced ears!! My mum would love them though :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails