Jul 21, 2009

My Top 10 ........... Gemstones

I thought it might be fun to occasionally do a top 10 series of my favourite whatever - and then to get your feedback as to which is your favourite. Being a Jewellery Designer, the obvious top 10 list to start with was my favourite gemstones. Since I use semi-precious stones in my jewellery I have tried to limit my list to these, but believe me, I still love sapphires, diamonds etc.!

  1. Opal
  2. Laboradite
  3. Tanzanite
  4. Garnet
  5. Amethyst
  6. Tourmaline
  7. Iolite
  8. Charoite
  9. Moonstone
  10. Blue Lace Agate

Now I have to confess if I was asked to produce the same list in 6 months time it could be different - but one thing I could guarantee, whether you are talking semi-precious or precious gemstones, Opal would always top my list!

So what is your favourite?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the expensive one ;-) But more seriously I like turquoise, and amethyst, and jasper and agate and... well you get the picture, I like them all!

Unknown said...

I love Laboradite and Moonstone! Fun post!

Sandrine said...

What a fun post Sharon!Diamon is my dream favorite;)Ruby second...I pretty much discovered opal since living in Ausse...and I agree it is beautiful and never the same;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails