Anyway, I decided that it would be fun to make a coil and then pull it apart, or maybe I should say "lengthen" it since I don't literally mean to pull it apart. I then decided to make the coil around my pliers to create more of a cone effect rather than having the coil the same width all the way down.
So, I had my two cone shaped coils, and I started to stretch them, separating the individual coils from each other. A couple of separate twists created a slightly widening effect just below the top. I decided I didn't want the coils spread too evenly, thus creating more of a tornado effect, hence the name.
The outcome couldn't have been too bad since the original pair I designed were stolen off my market stall the very next day after I had created them before I'd even taken a picture. Still I decided it was a design worth repeating, and no doubt will do so again.
And here they are - my Tornado Earrings!